Scope of Work
The copy editor will be responsible for successfully executing the following activities and tasks as part of CLASP’s global programs. Execution of all activities and tasks must be conducted in close consultation with CLASP’s communications team.
Task 1: Compiling high quality reports:
- Accountable for implementing deliverable-specific internal style guidelines (e.g. AMA Manual of Style, internal brand-specific templates), copyediting, language editing, and proofreading of report deliverables
- Conducts fact checking and ensures data accuracy by checking against provided source files
- Applying grammatical knowledge and relevant internal guidance from communications style guides and checklists
- Ability to adapt editing for different audiences – CLASP’s reports are published on the company website, presented at a conference, or shared with other stakeholders. Reports must be edited to suit these disparate audiences. We employ both American and British English language.
- Accuracy in compiling references
Task 2: Supporting delivery of reports
- Ensure that content adheres to the in-house style guides
- Compile Tables of Contents based on report content
- Write blurbs, headlines, and straplines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO is preferred but not mandatory.
Key Milestones and Deliverables
Copyediting of reports: 2-3 / month, 20-60 pages each
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field
- Experience in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Background in writing for government, technical, NGO and general public audiences
- Background in topics related to climate change, energy and/or the environment
- Excellent written and oral English (American and/or British)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent internal communications abilities
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office
- Flexibility working across time zones
Register as a Consulting Partner
Interested parties must register as a CLASP Consulting Partner.
Submit Estimated Costs and Sample Work
Interested parties should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estimated cost of service per hour / per word / per page in USD currency
- 2 writing samples, preferably technical reports