Coordinator, Europe Programme
CLASP is seeking a Coordinator to help organize and support our growing Europe programme.
UK, Belgium, or Italy| Full Time
About the Organization
CLASP serves at the epicenter of collaborative, ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change and in the global movement for clean energy access, through appliance efficiency. Our mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world. We work hand-in-hand with governments, experts, industry, consumers, donor organizations and others to propel policies and markets toward the highest-quality, lowest resource-intensive appliances possible.
CLASP has worked in more than 100 countries since our inception in 1999. CLASP has offices in Washington, DC, Kenya, and India, with teams in Europe, China, and Indonesia. We are mission-driven and committed to a culture of diversity, transparency, collaboration, and impactful work. See our Team Page to learn more about us.
CLASP’s Europe Team
Our Europe Team supports ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change through appliance and equipment energy efficiency in the European Union and the United Kingdom. We work in partnership with policymakers and other key industry and civil society stakeholders in both regions. We provide world-class technical and policy advisory services directly to governments to develop and implement the most ambitious and cost-effective appliance efficiency policies and we accelerate the development of energy-efficient appliance markets through minimum energy performance standards, informative appliance labeling, and identification and promotion of the most efficient appliances.
In our day-to-day, we work remotely with our team members in the UK, Belgium and Italy. We track and participate in EU and UK policy processes; test appliances for efficiency and develop world leading test methodologies; prepare and present evidence-based policy analysis and recommendations for the European Commission, national governments, and civil society; and drive innovative and impactful research projects and campaigns to inform policies that impact the people and the planet.
About the Role
CLASP is seeking a Coordinator to help organize and support our growing Europe programme. As a Coordinator, you will work with our virtual team in Italy, Belgium and the UK to plan and execute our portfolio of appliance energy efficiency programmes and projects.
You will also work collaboratively with CLASP team members in the US, Africa, and Asia, conducting critical administrative and programmatic tasks, ensuring the Europe team is set up to develop and execute programmatic and organizational objectives successfully.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Supporting and coordinating team collaboration and administration. You will coordinate activities to keep our team organized, on track, and on time by:
- Coordinating Europe Team meetings, drafting agendas, taking notes and following up on action items
- Setting up and managing the Europe Team calendar, keeping track of project milestones, meetings, conferences and events, deadlines, team holidays, etc
- Coordinating the Europe Team’s inputs to CLASP’s Climate Team’s Dashboards, Objectives and Key Results, and other tracking processes
- Keeping track of EU and UK policies and updating CLASP’s Policy Resource Center in collaboration with our US-based Research Team
- Supporting planning and execution of events and workshops
- Supporting programme planning, execution, outreach, and communications. You will support the Europe team’s portfolio of projects by:
- Tracking and supporting project reporting milestones and requirements
- Conducting research tasks in contribution to programme or project activities
- Providing ad-hoc support on project deliverables
- Developing team updates for dissemination to the broader CLASP team
- Supporting development of programme and project dissemination materials, in collaboration with our programmatic and communications team members
- Supporting procurement and contract management. You will liaise with our US-based Administrative Associate, Finance and Operations Team, and your Europe team members on:
- Developing Requests for Proposals and coordinating proposal reviews
- Drafting and processing contracts for our implementing partners
- Tracking our Europe Team’s project contracts and invoices
Who You Are:
- An Effective Collaborator. You’re have the ability to work across a dispersed team and to operate in complex situations. You can easily gain trust from team members and are known for supporting them to ensure they are set up for success. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
- Flexible. You can manage a diverse set of team needs and aren’t afraid to step outside your job description or comfort zone to help the team reach its goals. You’re comfortable with shifting schedules and don’t expect every day to go “as planned.”
- Organised, Efficient, Perceptive, and Diligent. You are highly detail-oriented, and someone who gets a real sense of satisfaction from producing polished work and managing smooth and orderly processes.
- Proactive. You are solutions-oriented, a problem-solver looking for the best solution to whatever challenge you’re confronted with. You get things done, and you don’t wait for instruction. You take initiative, look for ways to offer support and be of use.
- A Humble Teammate. Nothing is beneath or above you. You are quick to always lend a hand or two! You are able to earn influence without authority and naturally seek to support both small projects or large strategic goals.
- An Abundant Thinker. You believe that we are living in a world of abundant resources and that the right team of partners can make improbable things happen. You bring relentless curiosity and creativity to every task, project, and engagement.
- Mission-oriented. You believe in the mission of CLASP and are passionate about global access to clean energy, climate change, energy efficiency, and creating a more sustainable world you deeply value a workplace that is supportive of difference.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-3 years of overall professional experience
- Experience in energy efficiency, energy, environment policy, or relevant field. Familiarity with appliance energy efficiency policies a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and orientation, proactive, resourceful, nimble and strategic approach to learning and problem-solving
- Well-honed listening and interpersonal skills, able to work both in collaboration with others and independently
- Experience working with diverse teams and successfully navigating cross-cultural communication in both local and global contexts
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
Why This Role is Compelling
You will be exposed to an unusually wide range of people and issues in the climate and energy sectors, as well as the internal infrastructure and operations of a global NGO.
A successful candidate will develop and grow a broad set of professional skills, honing them to the level of excellence in a demanding and fast-paced environment. You will work with, learn from, and grow alongside a high-performing and diverse team in which everyone is committed to the development of themselves and others. You will develop a strong understanding of the European and UK policy process and have the opportunity to build up technical and policy expertise on appliance efficiency and the circular economy.
This role can serve as a professional development path for you. There is high potential for the role to evolve based on the particular strengths that you bring the team.
Compensation and Location
CLASP provides its employees with a highly competitive salary that is benchmarked annually with other non-profit organizations in the same location. CLASP also provides a comprehensive benefits package, including fully paid health insurance for individuals and competitive rates for families/dependents, unlimited leave and all national holidays, an impressive match of employee contributions to the 403b retirement plan and a collegial environment that supports professional development and wellness.
This position is full-time. We are looking for candidates working in the UK, Belgium, or Italy who are able to travel to London or Brussels as needed.
How to Apply
Shortlist (www.shortlist.net) is our exclusive recruitment partner for this role. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is closed, though early applications are strongly encouraged. If you believe you meet the attributes and skills above, please apply here: https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/6462
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.