Senior Associate, Indonesia Program
CLASP is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual to help manage and lead our portfolio of energy efficiency programs and projects in Indonesia.
Jakarta, Indonesia | Full Time | Application Deadline: Rolling
About the Organization
CLASP serves at the epicenter of collaborative, ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change and in the global movement for clean energy access, through appliance efficiency. Our mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world. We work hand-in-hand with governments, experts, industry, consumers, donor organizations and others to propel policies and markets toward the highest-quality, lowest resource-intensive appliances possible.
CLASP has worked in more than 100 countries since our inception in 1999. CLASP has offices in Washington, DC (USA), Nairobi (Kenya), and New Delhi (India). We also have teams in Europe, China, and Indonesia. We are mission-driven and committed to a culture of diversity, transparency, collaboration, and impactful work. See our Team Page to learn more about us.
CLASP’s Climate Team
CLASP’s Climate program supports ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change through appliance and equipment energy efficiency. We work in partnership with policymakers and other key stakeholders in dozens of countries—from Brazil to Indonesia, the EU to China—with support from a diverse group of funders.
Our team provides world-class technical and policy advisory services to support the development and implementation of ambitious and cost-effective product efficiency policies in countries and regions around the world. We work hand-in-hand with governments, product manufacturers and retailers, consumer organizations, academic institutions, and other key stakeholders to propel markets toward high quality, less resource-intensive products. We accelerate the development of energy efficient product markets through minimum energy performance standards, informative product labeling, and identification and promotion of the most efficient appliances, both on and off the grid.
Our Indonesia team has been supporting the advancement of energy efficient appliances, lighting, and equipment in the country since 2018. During this time, we conducted research on consumer energy use and residential appliance markets, developed market and technology studies for common household appliances, supported lab trainings, and mobilized a consumer forum to advance cooling policies. As our program continues to grow, we are expanding our team to ensure we can assist Indonesian partners to meet their climate goals and deliver ambitious energy and carbon emission reductions.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual to join our Indonesia Program team. In this role, you will help us plan and execute our portfolio of energy efficiency programs and projects in Indonesia.
The Senior Associate will work collaboratively with the rest of the Indonesia Program Team, as well as our team members in Europe, Africa, and Asia, conducting research, analysis, and other tasks to ensure the creation of quality outputs such as reports, memos, and presentations that support the advancement of our portfolio of energy efficiency projects in Indonesia and ASEAN.
The Senior Program Associate will report to the Indonesia Program Manager.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Management, Administration and Coordination:
- Responsible for ensuring goals and objectives for assigned project(s) are achieved on time and within budget in collaboration with Indonesia Program Manager,
- May direct staff or manage a team of external consultants to ensure goals and objectives are achieved for assigned project(s) in collaboration with Indonesia Program Manager,
- Attends regular team check-in and other coordination meetings within CLASP Indonesia Team or other regional offices,
- Contribute to the development of donor reporting, public facing communications and other program updates.
- Works with Indonesia Program Manager to develop and implement strategies that accomplish program goals,
- Actively identifies opportunities within team, project and program that will ensure work is high impact.
- External Relations:
- Represents CLASP on the national and international stages participating in and presenting at international and regional meetings, national workshops, and events to further the program goals,
- Acts with professionalism and ethics. Conforms to and promotes the company’s core values of transparency, service, collaboration, and impact.
- Business Development
- In collaboration with Indonesia Program Manager and CLASP team, identify new business opportunities,
- Leads the development of proposals and new projects in collaboration with directors/managers and other team members,
- Keeps up to date with the trends in the own work areas and advances CLASP’s mission.
- Technical Analysis and Policy Assistance
- Designs and leads market research, analysis, and modeling of policies in collaboration with the Program Associate and external partners to inform EBTKE’s energy efficiency standards and labelling program,
- Develops and communicates technical analysis, evidence-based data, and information in a format easily understood by policy makers,
- Develops and publishes any analytical results relevant for policy advocacy in collaboration with Communications Team and Indonesia Program Manager
- Capacity Building
- Delivers training to policy makers and other stakeholders on data analysis, and CLASP modeling tools, such as Mepsy, compliance tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, energy, environmental science, engineering, public policy, or international relations.
- At least 5+ of overall experience in energy, environmental, and/or public policy.
- Technical background on the cooling sector, electronics/appliances for households, buildings, and commercial/industry sectors and/or policy advocacy experienced is preferable.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork. Must be able to adapt and work in a diverse workplace, holding equity and inclusive principles.
- Able to work across cultural lines on a dispersed team, and with the ability to operate in complex situations.
- Persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent written and spoken English and formal Bahasa Indonesia are a must.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and complete assignments with minimal supervision in a fast-paced workplace.
- Mission-driven and passionate about making a difference.
Compensation and Location
CLASP provides its team members with a highly competitive salary that is benchmarked annually with other non-profit organizations.
This position is full-time based in Jakarta, Indonesia, with occasional domestic and international travel may be required. Working with colleagues across global time zones should be expected. Compensation begins at $25,000 per year based on the candidate’s level of experience.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, indicating your desired position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Each person is evaluated based on personal skill and merit.