CLASP plans to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), on the Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QAQC) framework of their energy-efficient fans market transformation program.
The QAQC framework will ensure that the appliances procured under the program are compliant with the energy efficiency requirements (and other quality parameters), thereby ensuring the program’s credibility and helping secure broader acceptance of the appliances delivered to the consumers.
Project Timeframe: September 2023—December 2024
Deadline for Application: 31 August 2023 at 23:59 ET
Application includes registering as a Consulting Partner and submitting the technical and financial proposals per the instructions below.
Deadline for Questions: 24 July 2023 at 23:59 ET
All questions must be addressed in English to Sumedha Awasthy at email@example.com. We request all inquiries be made to this e-mail address and not by phone.
Scope of Work
CLASP is looking for a full-time consultant to provide technical assistance to EESL on Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) of its energy efficient ceiling fans program.
QAQC framework: The consultant will review EESL’s existing QAQC framework for the energy efficient ceiling fan program, identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvement. The consultant will also review tender documents of EESL for fans and provide technical inputs to incorporate additional QAQC requirements.
The consultant will also provide support to existing SoP for implementing the QA framework and will provide recommendations to further strengthen it.
The consultant will also formulate SOP for random inspection/pre dispatch inspections. It will provide a decision-making framework, define roles and responsibility and detailed process for every step of the procurement.
Technical inputs for system information technology (IT): The consultant will provide technical inputs to integrate QA related inputs for the IT system, so that implementation of QA becomes as automated to the extent possible. In addition, the consultant will provide EESL with technical assistance to help them understand how it can collate, compile, and analyze the data from the procurement, testing, and consumer feedback process to utilize them for informed decision making. The consultant will also review the existing QA practices and take suitable corrective measures for improvement to assist in informed decision-making.
Training on QAQC: The consultant will develop training modules and provide technical guidance on development of communication material on product quality and awareness.
Key Milestones and Deliverables
The project will be conducted in close collaboration with CLASP. In addition, the consultant is expected to participate in periodic update meetings / calls and provide timely and detailed responses to questions and comments from CLASP team members and EESL team members related to this project. Deliverables include:
- A comprehensive Quality Assurance Framework for EESL bulk procurement program of energy efficient ceiling fans
- Standard operating procedure for ensuring an effective and robust QA system within the organisation
- Technical input to enable EESL establish a framework for data collection, management, validation and systematic analytics to inform decision making process
- Develop training and awareness modules on QAQC
- Proven experience in quality assurance and quality control in energy efficiency programs or similar fields.
- In-depth knowledge of energy efficiency standards and guidelines.
- Familiarity with the Indian energy sector and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting abilities.
- Relevant certifications and qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Adequate experience in auditing as per ISO 9001 and preferably technically qualified personnel
The consultant will be based in EESL’s Delhi office for at least 50% of allocated time.
Register as a Consulting Partner
Interested parties must register as a CLASP Consulting Partner.
Submit Technical and Financial Proposals
Interested parties should submit separate technical and financial proposals electronically, in English, via this form link (preferably in PDF format). The files should be named as per the following example:
[CONTRACTOR_NAME] _Technical Proposal_ RFP 2023-07-30[CONTRACTOR_NAME] _Financial Proposal_ RFP 2023-07-30
The length of the technical proposal should not exceed 20 pages and should include:
- Detailed approach and methodology for the design, implementation, and management of the project
- Detailed timeline for all project activities, tasks, milestones, and deliverables for the project within the time-frame indicated above
- Background and experience in conducting similar activities
The financial proposal (in USD) should include a detailed budget with all direct and indirect cost estimates for 5xecuting the project, including a breakdown (in days) of the level of effort and costs associated with each team member that will be engaged in the project.
CV and related summaries of experience and qualifications of the consultant should be included in an Annex and should not exceed 10 pages.
Optional At This Stage – Fill Out Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ)
All contractors must fill out the PQQ before working with CLASP. This can be voluntarily completed at the RFP stage but will be mandatory if a contract is awarded.
The PQQ is a thorough due diligence screening aimed at gathering legal and financial information on prospective partners/vendors. Contract awards are conditional upon passing the due diligence screening. Organizations that have already completed the PQQ do not need to complete it again unless the structure of the business has changed. If you are unsure, please email Andrea Testa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine next steps.