2021 Solar Appliance Snapshots
- Electric Pressure Cookers
- Information & Communications Technology
- Permanent Magnet Motors
- Solar Water Pumps
Fill out the form below to activate file downloads
You can now download the files related to this report above.
The 2021 Solar Appliance Snapshots offer a quick primer on the most salient details on 8 solar appliances and 3 enabling technologies. These two-page documents complement the 2021 Solar Appliance Technology Briefs. Each document summarises market insights, consumer impacts, current successes and remaining challenges, as well as recommendations and pathways to scale for each of the 11 technologies.
Similar to the 2021 Technology Briefs, the Solar Appliance Snapshots will be released on a monthly basis according to each technology’s relative level of market maturity:
- Near-to-market technologies: fans, TVs
- Emerging technologies: solar water pumps, refrigerators
- Horizon technologies; cold storage, electric pressure cookers, milling, e-mobility
- Enabling technologies: interoperability, ICT, permanent magnet motors
Photo credit: Cold Hubs
You may like this additional Clean Energy Access research
Keep it Cool: Harnessing Cold Storage to Reduce Food Loss & Support Sustainable Food Systems in Emerging Economies
This Efficiency for Access technology trend brief explores the role of cold storage in reducing food loss and enhancing food security, and highlights organizations that are pioneering these efforts.