India Labeling Program Impacts: Case Study
Fill out the form below to activate file downloads
You can now download the files related to this report above.
Published in March 2007, this case study looks at the impact of India’s labeling program. It covers:
- the situation in India before the start of the Labeling Program development
- the markets for the products of interest, suppliers, market channels, local manufacturing, importers, used appliance market, etc.
- Institutional Arrangements in India’s Labeling Program
- the labeling options considered
- Test Standards, Test Laboratories, and Testing
- Verification and Compliance
- Information programs
- Monitoring Results
This work was supported by the Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry and the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan.
Author: Tanmay Tathagat, IIEC