Published in March 2007, this case study looks at the impact of India’s labeling program. It covers:
- the situation in India before the start of the Labeling Program development
- the markets for the products of interest, suppliers, market channels, local manufacturing, importers, used appliance market, etc.
- Institutional Arrangements in India’s Labeling Program
- the labeling options considered
- Test Standards, Test Laboratories, and Testing
- Verification and Compliance
- Information programs
- Monitoring Results
This work was supported by the Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry and the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan.
Author: Tanmay Tathagat, IIEC