Administrative Coordinator, India Program
CLASP seeks an Administrative Coordinator to plan and execute our portfolio of appliance energy efficiency and clean energy programmes and projects in India, providing exceptional administrative support across our India Team and for specific projects.
New Delhi, India | Full Time | Apply by: February 10th, 2023
About the Organization
CLASP serves at the epicenter of collaborative, ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change and in the global movement for clean energy access, through appliance efficiency. Our mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world. We work hand-in-hand with governments, experts, industry, consumers, donor organizations and others to propel policies and markets toward the highest-quality, lowest resource-intensive appliances possible.
CLASP has worked in more than 100 countries since our inception in 1999. CLASP is headquartered in Washington, DC, with teams in Europe, Kenya, India, China, and Indonesia. We are mission-driven and committed to a culture of diversity, transparency, collaboration, and impactful work. See our Team Page to learn more about us.
CLASP’s India Team
Since 2001, CLASP has supported the Government of India and India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), to build, strengthen, and accelerate India’s appliance energy efficiency policies. Our support is core to national efforts to conserve energy in India. In the last few years, our work in India has expanded to accelerate household and community energy access, grow rural economies and drive equity by making clean and efficient appliances affordable and accessible. As our program continues to grow, we are expanding our team to ensure we can contribute to deliver ambitious energy and carbon emission reductions.
Our team provides world-class technical and policy advisory services directly to governments to develop and implement the most ambitious and cost-effective appliance efficiency policies all over the world. We accelerate the development of energy-efficient product markets through minimum energy performance standards, informative product labeling, and identification and promotion of the most efficient appliances, both on and off the grid.
About the Role –Administrative Coordinator- India Program
CLASP is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to help organize and support our growing India program. As a Coordinator, you will work to plan and execute our portfolio of appliance energy efficiency and clean energy programmes and projects in India, providing exceptional administrative support across our India Team and for specific projects.
You will also work collaboratively with CLASP team members in the US, Africa, and Asia, conducting critical administrative and programmatic tasks, ensuring the India team is set up to develop and execute programmatic and organizational objectives successfully. The Coordinator will report to a Senior Manager in India.
Your responsibilities will include:
Supporting and coordinating team collaboration and administration. You will coordinate activities to keep our team organized, on track, and on time by:
- Coordinating India team meetings, drafting agendas, taking notes and following up on action items
- Setting up and managing the India team calendar, keeping track of project milestones, meetings, conferences and events, deadlines, team holidays, etc.
- Coordinating the India Team’s inputs to CLASP’s Climate Team’s Dashboards, Objectives and Key Results, and other tracking processes
- Supporting planning and execution of events, conferences and workshops
Supporting programme planning, execution, outreach, and communications. You will support the India team’s portfolio of projects by:
- Tracking and supporting project reporting milestones and requirements
- Developing team updates for dissemination to the broader CLASP team
- Supporting development of programme and project dissemination materials, in collaboration with our programmatic and communications team members
- As needed, support planning and execution of India program portfolio, drafting work plans, charts and other documents.
Supporting procurement, contract and grant management. You will liaise with our US finance and operations team, external vendor and contractors and India team members on:
- Developing Requests for Proposals and coordinating proposal reviews
- Drafting and processing contracts for our implementing partners
- Tracking our India Team’s project contracts and invoices
- Summarize grant proposal and reporting requirements; develop and maintain checklists for proposal planning and execution
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years of overall professional experience (we are background agnostic and are excited by candidates with unique and different work histories).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and orientation, proactive, resourceful, nimble and strategic approach to learning and problem-solving
- Well-honed listening and interpersonal skills, able to work both in collaboration with others and independently
- Experience/open to working with diverse teams and successfully navigating cross-cultural communication in both local and global contexts
- Strong work ethic and an ability to take initiative; a drive to learn and grow on the job.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. You’re always asking: “whose voice is not at the table?” You have experience working with diverse teams and successfully navigating cross-cultural communication in both local and global contexts, and you deeply value creating a workplace that is supportive of difference.
Why this role is compelling
You will be exposed to an unusually wide range of people and issues in the climate and energy sectors, as well as the internal infrastructure and operations of a global NGO.
A successful candidate will develop and grow a broad set of professional skills, honing them to the level of excellence in a demanding and fast-paced environment. You will work with, learn from, and grow alongside a high-performing and diverse team in which everyone is committed to the development of themselves and others. You will also get an opportunity to work closely with national and international level policymakers and further involve in crosscutting projects in Clean Energy Access area.
Compensation and Location
CLASP offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, including fully paid health insurance for individuals and their families/dependents, provident fund and includes a collegial office environment that supports wellness and flexible telecommuting options after a certain period of employment. The selected candidate is expected to work out of CLASP’s India office based in New Delhi. Early morning or evening hours are sometime necessary to accommodate international collaboration; some travel and weekend hours may also be required. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, indicating your desired position and salary requirements to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled, but preference will be given to those who apply by Friday, February 10, 2023.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. CLASP complies with all federal, state and local employment law in the countries we operate and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, military or protected veteran status, credit information or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Each person is evaluated based on personal skill and merit. CLASP’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions, working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational and recreational programs.