CLASP is expanding its current engagement in the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom (UK) to support these economies with their ambitions to drive a just and clean transition towards net zero carbon by 2050.
In the EU, CLASP plays a central role in advising and collaborating with the European Commission, member states, environmental NGOs, and industry partners in developing and promoting appliance energy efficiency policies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions across the common market. Working closely with our partners, CLASP identifies priority work areas and provides robust technical analysis to support best-in-class policies.
In the UK, since 2022 CLASP supports the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) with the maximization of the benefits of energy and resource efficient products in line with BEIS’s 2021 Energy-Related Products Policy Framework.
To help us advance top-notch policies targeted to the EU and the UK market, CLASP is looking for experts to collaborate with us as consultants with focused expertise in one or more of the following product groups:
- Domestic cooking
- Low temperature and heating emitters (radiators, convectors)
- Local space heaters
- Air conditioners
- Direct electric heating
- Hydronic space heating
- Ventilation units
- Professional laundry appliances
- Professional dishwashers
- Universal external power supplies (EPS)
- Vacuum cleaners
- Professional and commercial cooking
- Small Walk-in Cold Room
- Taps and showers
- Water pumps
- Building automation controls
- Commercial refrigeration
- Electric vehicle chargers
- Energy-smart (demand-response enabled) appliances
The consultant will contribute to CLASP’s work by providing technical and scientific assistance in one or more of these areas:
- The development and/or improvement of appliance and equipment energy and water efficiency standards
- The development and/or improvement of compliance frameworks
- The development and integration of resource efficiency and circular economy principles within relevant products and programs
Contract timeline and type will vary depending on the program/product category needs and in agreement with the contractor.
Deadline for Application: First Review by 13 JANUARY 2023 at 23:59 ET
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through March 15, 2023 with priority given to those who apply prior to January 13, 2023. Applications for domestic cooking experts will be given priority.
Application includes registering as an Implementing Partner and submitting the Expression of Interest (EOI) as per the instructions below.
Deadline for Questions: 09 JANUARY 2023 at 23:59 ET
All questions must be addressed in English to Nicole Kearney at email@example.com. We request all inquiries be made to this e-mail address and not by phone.
Scope of Work
CLASP is developing a pool of expert consultants to support our work in Europe and the UK. The Consultant will work with CLASP team members to deliver mutually agreed upon tasks. These include:
- Collaborate closely when needed with the CLASP team to provide technical and scientific input and assistance to guide the development, revision, and recommendations about energy and water efficiency standards, labeling and compliance frameworks as well as resource efficiency, as relevant, for one or more product(s) of their expertise.
- Contribute to drafting CLASP’s comments or contributions to the policy process, promoting CLASP’s objective of making appliances, lighting and equipment more affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances, lighting & equipment
- Integrate synergies and opportunities for equity considerations and affordable access to clean energy services through standards and labels.
- Participate in stakeholder discussions, exchange information with CLASP’s partners as relevant and represent CLASP at meetings.
- Report to the assigned CLASP team staff member and participate in regular check-ins on tasks’ implementation, opportunities, and challenges.
- Expertise in appliances and equipment energy efficiency and/or water efficiency, and/or resource efficiency, for one or more products listed as per this EOI.
- Relevant background and familiarity with the policy and stakeholder context and processes within the UK and/or the EU.
- Ability work remotely, in a team and to collaborate in a fast-paced multicultural and diverse environment.
Register as a Consulting Partner
Interested parties must register as a CLASP Consulting Partner.
The Expression of Interest template can be downloaded here. Interested parties should submit the EOI electronically, in English, to Nicole Kearney at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably in PDF format). The file should be named as per the following example:
[CONTRACTOR_NAME] _Expression of Interest_ EOI 2022-XX-XX
The document must be submitted using the template provided to the email address above, filling out all the requested information. Incomplete expressions of interest will not be accepted.
CLASP looks forward to reviewing your responses and would like to thank you in advance for your participation in this Expression of Interest. CLASP will notify all respondents who submit proposals when a decision has been made.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. CLASP’s goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. CLASP complies with all federal, state and local employment law in the countries we operate and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, military or protected veteran status, credit information or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Each person is evaluated based on personal skill and merit. CLASP’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions, working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational, and recreational programs.