Administrative Associate, India
CLASP seeks an Administrative Associate for its India program to help the team plan, organize, support, and execute the team's ambitious and growing portfolio. The position requires a self-motivated administrator, capable of detail-oriented independent work, quick thinking, and a high level of professionalism, organization, and customer service.
New Delhi, India | Full Time |
About the Organization
CLASP focuses on appliance & equipment energy performance and quality, to mitigate and adapt to climate change, expand access to clean energy, and improve lives. We serve at the epicenter of collaborative, ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change and in the global movement for clean energy access, through appliance efficiency.
Our mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world. We work hand-in-hand with governments, experts, industry, consumers, donor organizations, and others to propel policies and markets toward the highest-quality, least resource-intensive appliances possible.
CLASP has worked in more than 100 countries since our inception in 1999. We have offices in Washington, DC; Nairobi, Kenya; and New Delhi, India, with additional teams in Europe, China, and Indonesia.
We are mission-driven and committed to a culture of diversity, transparency, collaboration, and impactful work. See our Team Page to learn more about us.
CLASP’s India Team
Since 2001, CLASP has supported the Government of India and India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), to build, strengthen, and accelerate India’s appliance energy efficiency policies. Our support is core to national efforts to conserve energy in India. In the last few years, our work in India has expanded to accelerate household and community energy access, grow rural economies and drive equity by making clean and efficient appliances affordable and accessible. As our program continues to grow, we are expanding our team to ensure we can contribute to deliver ambitious energy and carbon emission reductions.
Our team provides world-class technical and policy advisory services directly to governments to develop and implement the most ambitious and cost-effective appliance efficiency policies all over the world. We accelerate the development of energy-efficient product markets through minimum energy performance standards, informative product labeling, and identification and promotion of the most efficient appliances, both on and off the grid.
About the Role- Administrative Associate, India
As an Administrative Associate for the India program, you will help us plan, organize, support, and execute our ambitious and growing India portfolio- providing exception and comprehensive administrative support across the India team and for specific projects as needed. This position requires a self-motivated administrator, capable of detail-oriented independent work, quick thinking, and a high level of professionalism, organization, and customer service. The successful associate will be a proactive professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who enjoys working in a collegial and fast-paced environment as part of a close-knit, collaborative team.
You will also work collaboratively with CLASP team members in the US, Africa, and Asia, conducting critical administrative and programmatic tasks, ensuring the India team is set up to develop and execute programmatic and organizational objectives successfully. The Associate will report to CLASP’s Chief of Staff, who is based in the US.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage day-to-day activities to keep our team organized, improve the effectiveness of internal processes, and track program impacts.
- Coordinate India team meetings, draft agenda, take notes, and follow up on action items
- Manage program and team calendars: project milestones, conferences, vacations, etc, and coordinate travel arrangements for CLASP business travel.
- Lead the planning and execution of special events, conferences, and workshops for the India team
- Coordinate the India team’s inputs to CLASP’s tracking processes: Climate Team Program Dashboards, OKR tracker, events and publications tracker, etc.
- As needed, support planning and execution of the India team’s program portfolio
- Summarize grant proposal and reporting requirements; develop and maintain checklists, in line with CLASP processes, for proposal/report planning and execution
- As needed drafting work plans, charts, and other documents.
- Manage the administrative needs of the India office and staff, including but not limited to:
- Assist with research and cost comparisons for vendors to maintain cost effectiveness and quality, including technology and computer support.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external vendors and contractors, leading on the administration of RFPs, reviewing vendor proposals, and processing contracts and invoices in collaboration with Program Managers, Accounts Payable, and our Legal and Contracts Manager.
- Process check requests, credit card, and bank reconciliations and invoices for approval and filing.
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff. Make sure the office is kept in orderly and clean fashion, including distribution and collection of incoming/outgoing mail.
- Maintain inventory for office supplies and computer software and hardware
- Work closely with other CLASP administrative staff to ensure administrative functions are working seamlessly throughout the organization- including assisting with review of administrative procedures, coordinating IT support and facilities management
- Draft and edit communication, including letters, emails, and other written work products as necessary
Who You Are:
- An Effective Collaborator. You’ve successfully worked across cultural lines on a dispersed team, and you have the ability to operate in complex situations. You can easily gain trust from team members and are known for supporting them to ensure they are set up for success. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You can manage a diverse set of team needs and aren’t afraid to step outside your job description or comfort zone to help the team reach its goals. You’re comfortable with shifting schedules and don’t expect every day to go “as planned.”
- A Humble Teammate. Nothing is beneath or above you. You are quick to always lend a hand or two! You are able to earn influence without authority and naturally seek to support both small projects or large strategic goals.
- An Abundant Thinker. You believe that we are living in a world of abundant resources and that the right team of partners can make improbable things happen. You bring relentless curiosity and creativity to every task, project, and engagement.
- Mission-oriented. You believe in the mission of CLASP and are passionate about global access to clean energy, climate change, energy efficiency, and creating a more sustainable world.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of overall professional experience in program administration, event management, procurement, etc. We are looking for an experienced administrative professional.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and complete assignments with minimal supervision in a fast-paced workplace.
- Experience working with an international team and interacting in multiple time zones.
- Impeccable organization: you are highly detail-oriented, and someone who gets a real sense of satisfaction from producing polished work and managing smooth and orderly processes.
- Ability to get things done. You are solutions-oriented, self-motivated, a problem-solver looking for the best solution to whatever challenge you’re confronted with. You don’t wait for instruction. Instead, you proactively look for ways to offer support and be of use.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. You’re always asking: “whose voice is not at the table?” You have experience working with diverse teams and successfully navigating cross-cultural communication in both local and global contexts, and you deeply value creating a workplace that is supportive of difference.
Why This Role is Compelling
You will be exposed to an unusually wide range of people and issues in the climate and energy sectors, as well as the internal infrastructure and operations of a global NGO.
A successful candidate will develop and grow a broad set of administrative professional skills, honing them to the level of excellence in a demanding and fast-paced environment. You will work with, learn from, and grow alongside a high-performing and diverse team in which everyone is committed to the development of themselves and others.
This role can serve as a professional development path for you. There is high potential for the role to evolve within three to five years based on the particular strengths that you bring the team.
Compensation and Location
CLASP offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, including fully paid health insurance for individuals and their families/dependents, provident fund and includes a collegial office environment that supports wellness and flexible telecommuting options after a certain period of employment. The selected candidate is expected to work out of CLASP’s India office based in New Delhi. Early morning or evening hours are sometimes necessary to accommodate international collaboration; some travel and weekend hours may also be required. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Application Process
If you believe you meet the attributes above, please fill in the enclosed application form (URL: https://forms.gle/p6h66gr5YBn6rJHh6). If you have any questions, kindly email email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
When you apply, we kindly ask you to remove your schools from your resume. There is no need to reformat your resume and leave your degree as is; simplify it to “B.A. Economics” for example. Just remember to remove any undergraduate and graduate school name references where possible. This “bias-reduced” process is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates, reviewing applicants on performance assessments instead of resume proxies (e.g., where you went to school).
This evaluation process will follow best practices shown to reduce bias in decision making and may be different from other application processes you have experienced.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Each person is evaluated based on personal skill and merit.